After visiting Amsterdam twice before, I knew it would be the perfect little Christmas get away for Charlie and I to experience the beautiful city together. Though I’ve been before, there is so much to do that it’s just impossible to fit everything in – but there are definitely some things I would love to do this time!
- Cycle along the canals – such a cheap way of seeing the city, and with the city being so big, bicycles are their main source of transport. This is something I definitely have to do!
- Watch the Light Festival – (29 November – 20 January). You can either walk through the city and stand to watch or they do canal tours where you ride through the lights!
- Go ice skating outside the Rijksmuseum- this will feel so christmassy!
- Walk through Vondelpark – going at Christmas just makes it feel so much more special. I didn’t get to walk the parks previously as I had so much planned but I will definitely make time for it this time.
- Visit Amsterdam Icebar – this seems such a fun experience.
As well as my little bucket list, I can’t wait for all the warm festive drinks and beautifully cooked foods at the Christmas markets.
If you’ve ever been to Amsterdam, let me know some of your favourite things you did while you were there!